Country Sausage Gravy made from scratch is delicious! The best biscuits and gravy are made from homemade flaky buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy.
- 1 pound sage pork breakfast sausage (I highly recommend you make your own)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until brown and crumbly. If excess oil, drain while keeping a solid tablespoon of the sausage oil in the pan. Add the butter and stir well until melted.
- Sprinkle sausage with flour, stir, and allow to cook for several minutes.
- Add the milk and stir. Continue stirring occasionally over medium heat until gravy thickens, 5-10 minutes.