These brownies are the best… irresistibly rich, fudgy and moreish!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
200g/7 oz unsalted butter
200g/7 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa) chopped
300g/10 ¼ oz granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
125g/4 ½ oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
Icinig sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Mix the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract with an electric whisk until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add the melted chocolate and stir through. Finally stir in the flour and salt.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined baking tray approximately 20cm by 30cm. Place in the over for 25 minutes until the top starts to crack.
5. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes and then cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!!
· Make double chocolate brownies by adding 150g chopped milk or white chocolate chunks to the mixture before cooking.