Rocky Road with Maltesers
This has to be the best rocky road that I have ever tasted, it is a must try!
Naughty but extremely nice!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus 3 hours 20 minutes refrigeration time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
110g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
90g caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp cocoa powder
50g milk chocolate
100g marshmallows, torn in half or quarters
For the topping
100g milk chocolate
1. Butter a 24cm x 11cm loaf tin or the equivalent and line with cling film.
2. In a small pan gently melt the butter, sugar, syrup, cocoa powder and chocolate. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Now add the maltesers and marshmallows, mix well and spoon into the loaf tin. Cover with the excess cling film and refrigerate for 3 hours.
4. Once set remove from the loaf tin and place onto a serving plate.
5. For the topping, place a small heat-proof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Place the chocolate in the bowl and gently melt, once melted pour over the rocky road.
6. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set the chocolate, to serve cut the rocky road into slices. Enjoy!