If you are looking for a light, refreshing and easy to make dessert this is the one for you!
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus freezing time)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
100g granulated sugar
1 lime, juice only
1. Halve the pomegranates and scoop 1 tbsp of seeds from one of the halves removing any bitter membrane and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the remaining halves using a juicer; you should remove around 250ml of juice.
2. Now place the granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan to make the syrup. Gently boil the syrup for 5 minutes stirring occasionally and leave to cool.
3. Once fully cooked pour the pomegranate juice into the syrup, stir and add a squeeze of lime juice. Taste and then add more until you have added enough citrus to bring out the taste of the pomegranate.
4. Place in a suitable container for the freezer and freeze. Every hour beat the freezing mixture from the sides to the middle to break down the ice crystals.
5. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving to soften lightly. Place in serving dishes and scatter with the reserved pomegranate seeds on top. Enjoy!