Bloody Mary garnished with Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives and
Cucumber & Basil infused ice cubes
Big Tom Spiced Tomato Mix never lets you down on making the best Bloody Mary! Garnish with stuffed olives and infused ice cubes to create the ultimate taste sensation.
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus hours to freeze ice cubes)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
For the ice cubes:
100g cucumber, chopped
14g basil, roughly chopped
½ green chilli, deseeded & chopped
½ tsp light brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
For the stuffed olives:
40g Gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
20 Spanish green pitted olives, dried thoroughly
30g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
30g Panko breadcrumbs
30g plain breadcrumbs
15g Parmesan cheese
Vegetable oil for frying
For the Bloody Mary:
3 x 75cl bottles of Big Tom Spiced Tomato Mix
1. For the ice cubes, place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz. Strain through a fine sieve and pour into an ice cube tray. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
2. For the stuffed olives, gently stuff each dried olive with a small piece of blue cheese and place on to kitchen towel.
3. In a large heavy based pan or deep fryer heat the oil to 180°C.
4. Whilst the oil is heating place the flour in a bowl, the beaten egg in another bowl and then in another bowl mix together both breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
5. When the oil is ready place 5 olives in the bowl with the flour. Toss gently until fully covered. Now place the olives into the egg, be sure to coat them thoroughly and finally cover in breadcrumbs. Repeat until all olives are coated in breadcrumbs.
6. Place the olives in the hot oil and fry for 30-45 seconds or until golden. Very gently stir the olives in the oil so all sides fry evenly. Transfer the olives to a kitchen towel covered plate to cool for a few minutes before serving. The olives can be fried ahead and refrigerated to be enjoyed later. To serve, reheat in a preheated 180°C oven for 2-3 minutes (watch closely).
7. For the Bloody Mary, pour the Big Tom Spiced Tomato Mix into a glass with a good shot of vodka and add the ice cubes. Place a skewer through 3 olives and serve, cheers!