Bailey’s & White Chocolate Cheesecake
Now this is what I call a cheesecake – delicious!
Makes 10-12 slices
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
For the base
250g/8 ½ oz shortbread biscuits
100g/3 ½ oz ground almonds
2 tsp ground ginger
75g/2 ½ oz butter, melted
For the filling
600g/21 oz cream cheese
200g/7 oz golden caster sugar
3 tbsp cornflour
2 eggs, beaten
150ml/5 fl oz whipping cream
150ml/5 fl oz Bailey’s
125g/4 ½ oz white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
2. For the base, place the biscuits, almonds and ginger into a food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and place in a greased round 22-24cm loose bottomed cake tin. Press the biscuits well into the tin and place in the refrigerator.
3. For the filling, place the cream cheese, sugar and cornflour into a food processor and blend. Add the eggs, cream, bailey’s and beat until you have a smooth mixture. Stir in the white chocolate.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and place in a roasting tray filled with 1-2 cm of hot water. Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until lightly golden and the filling is set.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin. Enjoy!